Try to write your questions down before the day of your appointment. Document the answers at your visit, and can reach out to your provider after you leave if you feel confused or have new questions or concerns. The following are questions you can ask:
- Do I need vaccines?
- How can I prevent myself from having STDs?
- What are my birth control choices?
- How can I tell if my relationship is not toxic and healthy?
- Should I be more aware about my alcohol, tobacco or other drug use?
- What things can I do to keep a healthy lifestyle?
- Where can I get assistance for depression